NIA announces an exciting new NIA-funded resource called the Research Centers Collaborative Network. It promises to advance aging research by bringing different research groups and disciplines together. NIA Center Programs are:
– Alzheimer’s Disease Centers
– Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Centers (OAICs)
– Nathan Shock Centers of Excellence in the Basic Biology of Aging
– Resource Centers for Minority Aging Research (RCMARs)
– Edward R. Roybal Centers for Translation Research in the Behavioral and Social Sciences of Aging
– Centers on the Demography and Economics of Aging
The NIA Research Centers Collaborative Network (RCCN), led by the American Federation for Aging Research and investigators at Wake Forest School of Medicine, aims to bridge Centers programs and promote collaborations across Center areas.