About the Centers
The Division of Behavioral and Social Research at the National Institute on Aging supports eleven P30 Centers on the Demography of Aging at leading universities and policy organizations around the U.S. The purpose of the centers is to foster research in demography, economics and epidemiology of aging and to promote use of important datasets in the field.
- Funding pilot research initiatives
- Attracting scholars to the study of aging
- Creating research networks
- Developing and promoting new data resources
- Holding seminars, conferences, and workshops
- Providing web-based reports and resources
The Centers were honored with the 2008 Heidelberg Club International prize for significant contributions to the field of gerontology.
The University of Michigan Center on the Demography of Aging maintains this website to promote networking and collaboration among the Centers and as an access channel for the Federal government and policy making community, researchers, congressional staff, the media, educators, service providers, and the general public.